Drawing on its heritage as the American Stock Exchange, NYSE American is an exchange designed for growing companies, and offers investors greater choice in how they trade.
NYSE American is a competitively priced venue that blends unique features derived from the NYSE, such as electronic Designated Market Makers (e-DMMs) with quoting obligations for each NYSE American-listed company, with NYSE Arca's fully electronic price/time priority execution model.
In the future, NYSE American will re-introduce Designated Market Makers to the Exchange trading floor.
NYSE American Offers:
- Dedicated e-DMMs with quoting obligations in NYSE American-listed securities to enhance price discovery and liquidity.
- Trading in all 8,000+ NMS securities in a fully electronic manner, including electronic auctions in NYSE American-listed securities.
- Discretionary pegged orders, which peg to the near side of the protected best bid and offer (PBBO), i.e., buys peg to the bid and sells peg to the offer. The order will automatically adjust as the PBBO changes, and has discretion to trade up to the midpoint of the PBBO under stable quote conditions.
- Full depth of book market data providing valuable transparency.
NYSE American Market Quality
* Calculated using Enhanced Quoted Spread (EQS). EQS methodology is described here.
Source: NYSE Internal Database and Consolidated Tape Statistics, June 30 2021
Data includes top 10 exchanges in all categories
Includes NYSE American Listed SEcurities only
Learn more about trading with us