The fully-electronic NYSE Arca trades more than 8,000 exchange-listed equity securities—including some listed on Nasdaq. Traders that use NYSE Arca to access open, direct, anonymous markets will make rapid, efficient, electronic executions in multiple U.S. market centers. A distinct market structure and functionality allow NYSE Arca to deliver the advantages of significant transparency, tremendous speed, and both displayed and dark liquidity.
- Ultra Low Latency: Soon to be in the sub millisecond range, latency can be further reduced with our proprietary ArcaDirect API and co-location capabilities. For Nasdaq-listed issues, we trade in microseconds.
- Innovative Order Types: Order types such as MPL, PNP Blind, and ALO give traders greater strategic flexibility, allowing you to go dark or only add liquidity.
- Aggressive Pricing: NYSE Arca offers extremely competitive pricing with low spreads and high rebates for added liquidity. High-volume participants can further reduce spreads by reaching volume tiers.
- Access to Other Market Centers: Route directly to the NYSE and NYSE MKT to trade at the fees of the primary listing market.
- Access to Opening and Closing Auctions: NYSE Arca offers the official opening and closing prints for roughly 98% percent of ETFs.
Become a NYSE Arca Member
Step 1: Qualify
Membership is available to registered and new U.S. based broker-dealers who obtain a Self Regulatory Organization (SRO) and have an established connection to a clearing firm. Individual investors are not eligible.
Step 2: Fill Out Relevant, Market-Specific Forms
To expedite the process, please email forms and applications directly to Client Relationship Services by clicking on the ‘Contact Us’ link below.
Step 3: Connect
Once you have submitted the Membership Application and Agreements, you can begin the connectivity process right away. Firms can connect to our markets directly or through a Service Bureau in a number of different ways. Review our Connectivity page and contact us to explore your options.
How to Join
NYSE Arca Forms
*Includes Market Maker and Lead Market Maker
**Must be an existing Lead Market Maker ETP in order to submit this application for a green sheet posting.
***To be completed for persons required to be Approved Persons with the Exchange for NYSE Arca DEA applicant firms, and for whom the required disclosure information is not available on Web CRD.
To participate in NYSE Arca Equities new Retail Order Tier, please complete the form included here:
The NYSE Arca equities platform provides for three types of participants: Market Makers, Lead Market Makers and Order Routing ETP Holders.
A Market Maker is an ETP holder or firm that has registered with NYSE Arca to trade securities. Market Makers are obligated to maintain continuous two-sided Q Orders in all registered securities.
Lead Market Makers
Any registered Market Maker may apply to become a Lead Market Maker (LMM). LMMs operate off-the-exchange trading with more stringent quoting obligations and in some cases, participation guarantees. LMMs must maintain specified cash or liquid assets based upon the number of issues traded.
NYSE Arca Equity Lead Market Making Firms
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC
- Deutsche Bank Securities Inc
- Goldman Sachs and Company
- IMC Chicago, LLC
- Jane Street Capital, LLC
- KCG Americas LLC
- Latour Trading, LLC
- OTA, LLC
- Susquehanna Capital Group
- Timber Hill LLC
- Virtu Financial BD, LLC
- Wolverine Trading, LLC