|Kite Realty Group Trust is a full-service, vertically integrated real estate company engaged in the development, construction, acquisition, ownership, and operation of neighborhood and community shopping centers in selected markets in the United States. It operates in two business segments: real estate operations and development activities, and construction and advisory services. The Company conducts all of its business through its Kite Realty Group, L.P. (Operating Partnership), of which it is the sole general partner. As of December 31, 2011, it held an 89% interest in its Operating Partnership with limited partners owning the remaining 11%. In April 2013, the Company announced that it has acquired Cool Springs Market in Franklin, Tennessee (Nashville MSA). In May 2013, Kite Realty Group Trust acquired Castleton Crossing. In September 2013, the Company announced that it has acquired Toringdon Market in Charlotte, North Carolina.