|CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. (CBL) is a self-managed, self-administered, fully integrated real estate investment trust (REIT).The Company owns, develops, acquires, leases, manages, and operates regional shopping malls, open-air centers, associated centers, community centers and office properties. Its properties are located in 27 states, but are primarily in the southeastern and midwestern United States. It conducts substantially all of its business through the Operating Partnership. It is the 100% owner of two qualified REIT subsidiaries, CBL Holdings I, Inc. and CBL Holdings II, Inc. CBL Holdings I, Inc. is the sole general partner of the Operating Partnership. At December 31, 2012, CBL Holdings I, Inc. owned a 1.0% general partner interest and CBL Holdings II, Inc. owned a 83.5% limited partner interest in the Operating Partnership, for a combined interest held by them of 84.5%. In April 2013, it acquired the remaining 51% interest in the Kirkwood Mall.